Julian Hoffman is a writer living beside the Prespa Lakes in northern Greece. Notes from Near and Far is his blog on the nature of place.My book manuscript, The Small Heart of Things: Being at Home in a Beckoning World, has won the 2012 AWP Award Series for Nonfiction. You can read what the judge, Terry Tempest Williams, had to say about it here! I'm deeply honoured by the prize, and the book will be published by the excellent University of Georgia Press on September 1st, 2013.
- Absolutely thrilled with the cover design for The Small Heart of Things. Details soon! 1 hour ago
- "I decided that this would be the place. Remote, isolated." Excerpt from Deer Island by Neil Ansell @tweetbytheriver bit.ly/12LHdIr 3 hours ago
- "Stilled ripples of sediment, locked forever in time." | Another beautiful piece by Ian Hill, The Wisdom of Stones. bit.ly/10Eh63p 1 day ago
- Spurge hawkmoth, newly emerged. http://t.co/phkjlZYLBE 1 day ago
- "Teach me how to live here." | Terrific post by Eva Saulitis on homeground, writing & listening to the land inside. bit.ly/YOwj5b 2 days ago